I might have forgotten how to blog. But today is one of those ~important~ days, so I thought it was as good a time as any to update all y’all on my life. Because the “real world” is hurtling toward me and I couldn’t be more excited. The first day of the semester is a better fresh start than New Year’s. When you have been a student for basically your entire life, I guess that only makes sense.
Here’s a list of recent notable life happenings:
- Today is my last first day of school. I put on my favorite boots and started my day by dancing around my kitchen in between bites of turkey bacon.
- I spent eight glorious days in Cabo, Mexico with my family. It was warm and sunny and absolutely what we all needed. Fish tacos, Coronas, beach naps and whale sightings were daily occurrences.
- I still need to buy my textbooks.
- My great-uncle passed away yesterday. I know it’s better he’s no longer suffering, as the end of his life was defined by decreasing mobility and increasing illnesses, but it still breaks my heart. Rest in peace, Father Bob. I know you’re making the perfect lamb and grape leaves up there. Say hi to Grandpa and Jay for us.
- It has been strangely warm in Columbia lately, although today has cooled off a bit. It’s a nice way to start the new semester, rather than bundled up Randy style. I’m a sun child, and winter is hard.
- I’ve been working pretty constantly at Chipotle. (No, we still don’t have carnitas.)
- I need to write more.
- I’m in the process of looking for post-grad jobs. If you have any leads, feel free to drop me a line! I can only have so many tabs open on my computer, and I would love all the help I can get.
- I promise I’m employable.
- I’m (finally) seeing Ben Howard live in 16 days.
This semester will be a weird one. In 115 days I will be a college graduate. Shoutout to everyone who has made sure I’ve made it to this point. Y’all are so important to me.
Actual real blog posts coming in the not-too-distant future. Pinky swear.
P.S. — Would anyone be interested in a “Top Albums of 2014?” I think I’ve nailed down my list, but I’m not sure if anyone cares.